Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 1. Welcome.

The first sentence of a blog always has that awkwardness to it where you could tell that the author couldn't really come up with something gripping or clever enough for starting this kind of endeavor. I've sat here long enough tonight where I don't think I will be able to come up with something, so take it for what its worth.

With that out of the way, I want this to be something I can look forward to every day. I have tried blogs in the past and to be honest, there just isn't enough going on in my life to come up with something interesting enough to write it down. My last attempt was while I was Maui, and I ended up missing 2 of the days I was there. Considering that was probably one of the most amazing weeks of my life and I only managed to jot down some feelings about a couple of the days, I don't have a very good track record so far.

Music has always played a part in my life in one way or another. I am one of those people who associates things in my life with music. If I hear a song during a certain time period in my life, those feelings, smells, and memories snap back into my memory when I hear that song again. I still remember the feeling of me riding on my bike through Fossil Park in St. Pete Florida every time I hear Under the Bridge from Red Hot Chili Peppers. I remember what my old townhouse smells like when I hear songs from Pearl Jam's 10 album. Just today I heard Matt and Kim's Daylight and I could swear that for a few seconds, the humidity rose up to about 90% and all that was in my head was the first sunset I saw while I Maui. My favorite teacher to date is Mr. Tom Dixon (My old orchestra teacher). Not for teaching me how to play the Cello or Violin, but for opening my eyes and ears that much more to new music. I still remember how well Jarom Xochimitl, one of my best friends from high school could take just about any stringed instrument and make it sing. It was no longer just a piece of wood with strings on it, he gave it life. All of these people, all of these songs, all of these bands and artists shared with me and made me who I am today. I would like the take the chance to share with you some of this music I enjoy.

I am going to post a new song/video every day for 365 days. Each one of these will be a song that means something to me, or just music that I come across and wanted to share with you. I will also briefly share my feelings about the song and try to include some kind of thought or journal entry about whats going on at that point in my life. I think it will be fun to look back at an entire year and some of the music that I have associated with things that happen in my life. I hope you will take the time and check this blog regularly. Please leave comments if you feel so inclined and share music that has in some way effected your day/week/life. Enjoy.




Day 1.
This was a hard video to pick. I wanted to choose my favorite song but I really couldn't pin down one that I could label my FAVORITE. If I Could Talk From The Lemonheads is up there for me though. It's always pulled on those strings inside me. I hope you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment